Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Monday, October 22, 2007

TCM: Better Than AMC (And Always Will Be)

Two years ago I was in seventh heaven after finding out that Turner Classic Movies and American Movie Classics would be added to our cable package. I quickly discovered that while tuning in to TCM is rarely a wrong move, tuning into AMC often leaves me frustrated. A few reasons why:


1. AMC, as its name suggests, exclusively shows American made films. It also uses the word "Classic" very loosely.

2. TCM has Robert Osborne and he is awesome.

3. When I watch a movie on TCM I don't have to see a bunch of ads for Mad Men...

4. In fact, when I watch movies on TCM, I don't have to see any ads at all, because they show movies the way that they should be seen - uncut and without commercial interruptions.

5. Variety. I swear to God, every time I turn on AMC they're playing either The Natural, Field of Dreams or Last of the Mohicans. Every. Goddamn. Time.

No comments: